Thanks for stopping by today. It’s my 28th birthday!
Since it’s not a very important number, we’re not doing anything special – just going out for a nice dinner while the kiddo is fawned over by his grandma.
I think it’s interesting that while my friends and family know full well that I read a lot, they almost never get me books as presents, because they say I already buy a ton of them for myself. But this means that I never know what I’m getting, which is awesome because I love (good) surprises! And I love presents.
I think my favourite birthday present was a batch of horse-riding lessons I received from my husband three years ago. It was so cool because we were watching Game of Thrones earlier that day and there was a scene where Catelyn Stark had an argument with someone on horseback and then she rode away in a huff and I said: “I wish I could ride away from an argument like that, wow, so dramatic!” and A. just smiled enigmatically. Anyway, I had my lessons, I loved them, I fully intend to have more at one point or another but I never learned to gallop anywhere! :)
I want to know: What do you usually do for your birthday? What was the best birthday present you ever received?
* * *
I’m happy to say my birthday almost coincides with my blog’s first anniversary, which is on May 5 (more on that when the time comes).
To celebrate these two important dates, I’ve decided to host a little giveaway (because as I said, I love presents and I want to give you one, too. I’d give each and every one of you lovely readers a present if I could.). The rules are as follows:
- One winner will win one (paperback) novel from the list of favourites that I’ve reviewed on my blog this year. You can see the titles here and you can choose from books that have received a 4/5 or higher rating.
- If you want a first book in a series and I’ve reviewed a third, for example, you can most certainly have it (I won’t make you start the series in the middle, don’t worry).
- Open internationally, as long as The Book Depository ships to you for free.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond. If they don’t, another will be chosen.
- I’ll be checking the winner’s entries… and Twitter accounts used only for giveaways don’t count.
The best of luck to you! :)