Hello! How is it the end of March already? What happened? o_O Anyway, this is my recap post for March – you can see the February edition here.
Spring is finally here! If you’re following me on Instagram, there are a few photos from my walks and such. I try to go for a walk every day because I want our baby to be outside as much as possible, and I did go out in winter as well, but some of those walks were really miserable for me (the baby was fine, he was all bundled up and protected in his stroller, while my extremities nearly froze).
In baby news: He will be seven months old tomorrow. I think we are currently waiting for some more teeth to make their appearance because of all the finger-chewing, fussing, and drooling. Yay for teeth, boo for fussing, poor thing doesn’t know what’s happening to him, of course. Pears are currently a huge favourite. He’s slowly figuring out how to crawl on his hands and knees. Stackable cups are wonderful. We also managed a few dates (sans baby) so that’s great!
In personal news: I had a neurological exam last week because I’ve been having some really bad headaches – turns out they’re migraines. YAY. Ugh. I’m supposed to keep a migraine diary now, writing down stuff about the headaches I get. On the up side: I had a CT scan of my head done and I received the images: SO COOL. Apparently, my nose is slightly crooked, who knew?! :D And I saw pics of my brain – the swirly parts and all. I’ve never had this done before (excepting an x-ray for my dentist) so I was pretty amazed.
* * *
The best read of the month was undoubtedly A Darker Shade of Magic, I’ll write the review as soon as I get my thoughts in order. Other memorable books I read this month were Shadow Scale (review) and The DUFF (review), so not a bad reading month all in all. I tried to organize my TBR pile and I hope to read more of the books I already own in the months to come.
* * *
On the blog:
- The second instalment of Author Addiction was all about Sarah J. Maas (by the way, April is a freebie month so feel free to join us on the first Monday of the month with your favourite author!)
- I shared two favourite recipes – you really can’t miss with these.
- I wonder: What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Organizing my physical TBR pile is something I should have done ages ago.
- My favourite bookish Pinterest boards.
- I wasn’t too impressed by Kevin Hearne’s Hounded.
- Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman was a very good sequel!
- A batch of new adult mini reviews.
- World After by Susan Ee – I can’t wait for End of Days!
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner was a bit of a disappointment.
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger was a very pleasant surprise!
- Mini revievs: the romance edition.
- Vampires (or the story of my growing dislike of horror).
- Favourite mounts (you know, horses and stuff).
* * *
The books I got:
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab. Amazing, I tell you. Go read it now. (purchased, paperback – so pretty).
- Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper – this is a novella in the Half Moon Hollow series and it’s classic Harper – funny and entertaining (purchased for Kindle).
- Animal Magnetism, Animal Attraction and Rescue My Heart by Jill Shalvis. Have I mentioned that her books are my catnip? Yeah… I still have some more to read but I’m saving them for later (purchased for Kindle).
- The Abduction of Julia by Karen Hawkins – this is an old favourite; I read it ages ago but decided to buy the Kindle edition because it was on sale. (purchased for Kindle).
- Hidden Huntress by Danielle L. Jensen – I read Stolen Songbird but never got around to reviewing it! I liked it a lot so I was really excited to find that I was approved for the sequel on Netgalley! Thank you, Angry Robot! Also, the cover is gorgeous, don’t you think? I love all the details.
* * *
- Beautiful gifs of breakfast food. The last two make my stomach growl. (found via Cupcakes and Cashmere)
- Asti’s thoughts on ugly characters.
- Men Sleeping Quietly. This is really cool (try this and this if you like it).
- Some beautiful photos.
- A collection of home workouts – I’m trying to get myself moving so I’m doing a bit of yoga.
- The Art of the Picture Book Barcode (found via The Bookwyrm’s Hoard).
- I know I’ve seen this before but I really like Jane Austen, so there. Also: swans are WAY better than peacocks (less noisy).
- This lovely thought.
* * *
This is all from me. Now tell me, how was your March?
What was the best book you read? Did you watch anything interesting?
I love hearing from you! :)