Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews.
This week, I’ve got three new additions to my shelves: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (purchased), What to Expect: The First Year by Heidi Murkoff (purchased) and Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (gift). I’ve already started reading Throne of Glass, so far, so good :) What to Expect isn’t really something I’ll be reviewing here, I think, but it is important to me because the baby is coming in two months and I can’t even wrap my head around that …
* * *
I didn’t do a StS post last week because I was on vacation (photos coming soon!), so this week’s Recap is actually for two weeks back. A lot has been happening here on Of Dragons and Hearts!
- I really, really liked The Archived by Victoria Schwab.
- I did my first Thursday Thoughts post and shared my musings on rereading books.
- I was slightly confused by Unwept by Tracy and Laura Hickman (ARC).
- I took a trip around Europe in my review of Dan Brown’s Inferno.
- I tackled some historical romance in my review of Seduced by Your Spell by Lois Greiman.
- I stacked the shelves and did a review of the previous week.
* * *
Yesterday, summer officially began. My parents also celebrated their 28th (!!!) wedding anniversary – congrats! I probably wouldn’t be here if they didn’t get married then :)
* * *
Here are the links I particularly enjoyed in these two weeks:
- Why Finnish babies sleep in cardbord boxes – this is so cool! We don’t get packages in Ljubljana, so we’re on a mission to buy all the baby stuff in the next month or so!
- Kristy of the Book Nerd Reviews compiled a Daughter of Smoke and Bone tour of Prague! I soo want to go there again. You can read my review of Dreams of Gods and Monsters as well :)
- I failed (achieved less than 50 %) in this quiz about maps and books!
- Very cool old photos (via Cupcakes and Cashmere) – the title may be a bit exaggerated, but they’re great nevertheless.
- Jennifer of Live to Read, Love to Read shares her necessities for a good book blog. Do you agree?
- And Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner lists Five things you could do to piss her off as a reader. I agree, girl!
That’s it for this week! Have a wonderful time and be sure to share links to your Stacking the Shelves posts in the comments!