This is my monthly recap post in which I share what’s been happening on the blog, the books I’ve acquired, and my favourite internet reads of the month. You can read my October recap here.
This month, I’ve been enjoying the wonderful autumn weather we’ve had. It’s now been raining for three days (and maybe we’ll even get some snow on the weekend, but I’m not too optimistic) and I feel like winter is on its way.
I’m on Instagram – this is where I’ve been documenting my morning walks with the baby in the neighbourhood parks.
I signed up for Secret Santa for the first time and I already got the books for her, yay!
* * *
What I wrote about:
- I reviewed Cold Feet at Christmas, a rather disappointing chick-lit.
- I listed the top ten books I want to reread (I reread a lot, so this was a topic that was particularly interesting for me!).
- I decided it was time to read some classics, so I did a Classics Spin post – and now I have to read The Handmaid’s Tale in December!
- I reviewed an interesting middle grade novel, Gabriel Finley & the Raven’s Riddle.
- I wrote another Blogging With Baby post – my son is three months old now!
- I participated in the Tough Travels meme for the first time: the topic was named weapons! I really like making lists…
- I reviewed Dark Child: Covens Rising, an intriguing serial novel.
- I listed some of the sequels I covet – both published and unpublished.
- I did my second Tough Travels post on missing heirs!
- I wrote a review for another Christmas book, Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe.
- I wrote my 100th post!! Whoop!
- I listed a selection of bugs found in fantasy novels – eww! :)
- I reviewed a contemporary romance, Simply Irresistible.
* * *
What I found around the web (link love):
- Kristen wanted to know if we give higher ratings to books that make us cry.
- Ashley reminds us that we blog for ourselves – this is a great post!
- Asti at Oh, the Books! made this periodic table of YA Sci-Fi books and it’s amazing!
- I need to make this gorgeous cake soon! Maybe for the holidays!
- A beautiful tree of languages (via My Life as a Teacup).
- Elizabethan Superheroes – this is so cool! (via The Book Smugglers).
- This silly Tumblr deserves to be shared again – it’s ridiculous, absurd, and awesome. I also think “moist” is my new favourite word in English.
- As a new parent, I can really appreciate the blatant sarcasm in these.
* * *
The books I got:
I feel very responsible and restrained because I only got these books this month! I have sooo many other undread ones still sitting on my shelves it’s really embarrassing, so there. Alright, I also pre-ordered a couple of romances, but I’ll count those into next month’s haul. :)
- Hounded by Kevin Hearne – purchased
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black – won in a Halloween giveaway hosted by The Starry-Eyed Revue!! :)
- The Dress Shop of Dreams by Menna van Praag – Netgalley
- Scrapplings by Amelia Smith – Netgalley
- The Page Turners by Kevin T. Jones – Kindle freebie
* * *
How was your November? Did you enjoy the Thanksgiving (if you celebrate it)?