Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely people of The Broke and the Bookish – the number of bloggers who participate is simply crazy and I always find interesting lists there, so go check it out.
This week’s topic is 2015 resolutions and I decided to focus on my blog and reading (I never really keep the personal ones so I’m not sharing!) :)
- I want to succeed at my reading challenges. I’ve never done any before as I only started blogging this May, so I kept it simple – and signed up mostly for fun & to meet new people.
- I want to read more classics. I often feel like I fall for hyped-up books, only to feel disappointed and unsatisfied with the substance of what I read. I used to read a lot of classics in high school and at the Uni, so I’d like to make a habit of this again.
- I want to finish more series. I’m a serial series reader. It’s obvious that if I hate the first book in a series, I won’t go and buy the next one, but there are series I really liked but never got around to finishing.
- I want to update my blog design. A better way to put this would be: I want someone (my brother!) to do this because my design “skills” are nonexistent and it’s just embarrassing that I make my meme headers using MS Word and Paint.
- I want to comment more on other blogs, interact more and use social media to their full potential. I really want to take the time to do this because there are so many wonderful posts out there every week. I also feel like blogs are made to be read, despite the fact that I write mine primarily for myself!
- I want to read more non-English books. Since my mother tongue is Slovenian I should really make an effort to read more Slovenian books. And I studied French as well as English, so I want to read some French books in 2015 so I stay in touch with the language.
- I want to be better at managing my ARCs. I don’t request that many and I never get approved for all of those I apply for but I want to limit myself to those books I’m really interested in. This will, hopefully, result in less “meh” reviews on this blog. I also want to get my Netgalley ratio up (to at least 75 %) so I better start reading!
- I want to read less fluff. Perhaps my current situation (having a 4-month-old) means that it’s easier for me to read lighter books, but I know that reading so much romance is like eating too much chocolate. It never ends well.
- I want to continue posting three times a week. This seems like a manageable frequency for me and I really like it.
- I want to write more discussion posts. I feel like they’re harder to write than book reviews (and obviously harder than memes where the topics are known in advance), so I always appreciate them more when I read them on other blogs.
What are your resolutions for 2015?
Do you keep yours? :)