As I finished another romance-reading binge, I stood in front of my shelves on Wednesday, trying to decide what to read next. I started going through the shelf that holds what loosely represents my soon-to-be-read books but was uninspired. And then I went searching for unread books through all our shelves. I own so many books that I fully intend to read. I’m aware that other people (especially you lovely bookish individuals) might have larger tbr piles than I do but this seems quite overwhelming.
Ok, so there are also unread books in our home that I know I will never read. They were either gifts or bought by my husband (hello, Steven Erickson and Herman Melville). But I am guilty of buying most of these so it’s high time to make myself read them – and put a stop to the crazy e-book-buying spree that’s been happening these past two months. Here are the books I want to read (they’re a combination of titles I bought and novels my husband bought and highly recommended):
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (Slovenian translation)
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert (Slovenian translation)
- The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee Looking for Alaska by John Green (read in April 2015) My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher
- Tobie Lolness 1+2 by Timothee de Fombelle
- Le Combat d’hiver by Jean-Claude Mourlevat
Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich (read in March 2015) Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich (read in June 2015) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (not pictured, I only found it later) (dnf in March 2015)
- Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf (ditto)
Lady Thief by A. C. Gaughen
- Fool’s Errand by Robin Hobb
- Fool Moon by Jim Butcher
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (you can see where I got stuck when I first tried to read it)
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (Slovenian translation)
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett Neil Gaiman (Slovenian translation)
- Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke (Slovenian translation)
Half the World by Joe Abercrombie (read in April 2015)
- Best Served Cold, The Heroes and Red Country by Joe Abercrombie
A Dance With Dragons by George R. R. Martin (see my bookmark?) (decided to drop the series)
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- Tomorrow When the War Began by John Marsden
Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Slovenian translation) (read in April 2015)
- Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan (see bookmark…)
- Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (bookmark…)
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (bookmark…)
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness
So. Here they are. Crazy, right? I don’t think I’ll be able to manage them all in 2015 but I want to make a serious dent into this pile because they’re good books that I actually want to read.
I intend to come back and cross them off as I read them so I keep myself accountable. I started with Janet Evanovich who is awesome, by the way.
What does your TBR pile look like?
Would you recommend any of these? Where should I start?