It’s been a while since I did one of these! Top Ten Tuesday is a hugely popular meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish – go check out other people’s lists! :)
This week, we’re listing the top ten beach reads – for me, this means something lighthearted and not too chunky (In terms of page-count, I still like reading physical books despite owning a Kindle and have you ever tried holding a 900-page book above your head while lying on your back? Ouch.). I picked some books that I’d enjoy even when my brain was slightly cooked from the summer heat.
- One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. This whole series is great but I still love the first book the best – meeting Stephanie and her crew for the first time was a blast.
- White Cat by Holly Black – this is a new favourite – it’s YA urban fantasy and perfect for devouring in a single sitting. It’s dark but funny and I can’t wait to read the sequel.
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde – your perfect chick-lit. If you’re a fan of the genre, this one is a must.
- Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan – ditto! She has a new book coming out in a couple of days and I can’t wait!!! (My review.)
- Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Ok so this list of fluffy reads wouldn’t be complete without an Armentrout title. I think this is my favourite – and I can’t wait for the sequel that’s supposed to come out sometime later this year (I think!).
- How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper. Her novels have the worst covers ever but I love her sense of humor. It’s chick-lit at its finest, full of banter and sexyness.
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. This was one of those surprisingly cool YA contemporaries. I didn’t really like the movie but the book was funny, refreshing, a bit sad and real. You can read my review here.
- Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen. For some medieval thievery and slow-burn teenage romance, please consider reading this little gem. I’ve yet to read Lady Thief and Lion Heart but you can find my enthusiastic review here.
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Ok so you’ve probably all read The Rosie Project by this point but if there’s still someone out there who hasn’t: this is cool. Really. You won’t regret it.
- Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis – or really any other Shalvis book. Hers are the perfect contemporary romances and I just love the small-town settings. If you’re into heart-warming, sexy stories, this is for you (for more gushing, see this and this).
What will you be reading this summer?
What books would you recommend to me?
I’d love to hear from you! :)