I forgot to do a May update, which is something I only realized halfway through June. So this is two months worth of stuff. I can’t believe it’s only been two months since I changed my blog design – it feels so right I can’t even rememeber what the old one looked like (which is probably for the best).
A reading update: my favourite reads of these two months were Uprooted and Every Breath. White Cat was also cool. Other than that, I read a bunch of contemporary romance novels that didn’t wow me and made me want to read more fantasy. We’ll see how that goes.
A kiddo update: I first began this line as “a baby update” but he’s 10 months old now! Not really a baby anymore since he’s eating solids and crawling around and being a little person. In just two months, he’ll be starting with nursery (kindergarten? I never know how these stages go in English) along with other tiny kids. As much as I know he’ll love it (he’s really curious and likes other people), I kind of want to keep him home forever. Eh :) He’s standing up now, cruising around while holding onto the couch/table/our legs. He’s only got 4 teeth and has a huge gap between the upper two which is beyond cute. He’s one of the most sunny-dispositioned people I know – as long as he’s not hungry, that is!
A life update: I’ve been trying to fit in some work and studying but I’m dragging my feet. It’s horrible but my brain refuses to function properly on 5 hours of (interrupted) sleep. My mom had another operation of the hip she broke back in September. My husbands 28th birthday was on the 17th and we had a nice dinner while his mom put the kiddo to sleep. We spent two days at the seaside, which was really nice and relaxing. I’m hoping for more small getaways during the summer! We also started watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix for the first time ever, which is fun. Nobody’s died yet so that’s a definite upgrade over Game of Thrones.
My favourite posts of the two months:
- Discussions: Reading Fantasy in a Tiny Country, The Same Old Story, Are You Into Safe Sex? and Finishing Series.
- Trips: Venice in a Day, Unplugging and Blue.
- Author Addiction: Laini Taylor and Sarah MacLean.
- Reviews: A Court of Thorns and Roses, Looking for Alaska, Uprooted, End of Days, White Cat, Every Breath and Second Chance Summer.
- Tough Travels: Moms, Cons and Heists, Disguises, Orphans and People on Boats.
- If our faces were symmetrical (two lefts and two rights).
- Do we really need ‘strong women’?
- Where are all the average young adult protagonists?
- How blogging has changed me.
- Omg these ice cream sandwiches look amazing. If only we had another heat wave so I would feel like eating ice cream instead of drinking tea…
- This post about using sexual assault or rape as character development is really good.
- 10 problems adults have when reading YA.
- Loving something is not a contest. YES!
- I might have to give some of these comics a try soon!
- Typedrummer! This is so cool!
- Roll your face. You won’t regret it! :)
What have you been up to recently?
Have you read any good books? Watched any great movies?
What are you doing during the summer vacation?
I’d love to hear from you! :)