Hi, how are you? :) Things have been slow around here lately, but I can assure you, I’m still alive and kicking. I have, in fact, been hatching a cool plan with DJ of MyLifeMyBooksMyEscape: we’re doing a read-along of all three books in The Gentleman Bastard sequence by Scott Lynch!
If you’ve been around this blog in the past, you’ll have noticed my everlasting devotion to Mr. Lynch and his jolly band of thieves. Locke Lamora might just be my favourite character ever (I think he even beats Kvothe if you can imagine it), but I read all three books, The Lies of Locke Lamora, Red Seas Under Red Skies and The Republic of Thieves before I started blogging, so I haven’t reviewed them yet.
As The Thorn of Emberlain is scheduled to hit the shelves in July, I meant to read the books all over again anyway, but I have an interesting announcement to make: In 2016, I’ll be starting the translation of The Lies into Slovenian, which will be my biggest project so far. I can’t tell you how excited I am to do this, I really love my job.
So, without further ado, I give you THE READ-ALONG:
- January 5 for The Lies of Locke Lamora
- February 15 for Red Seas Under Red Skies
- March 30 for The Republic of Thieves
This should give us enough time to whet our appetites for The Thorn of Emberlain.
What can YOU do?
- Read the books. If you haven’t already, I can’t recommend them enough. If you have, we’d love to hear what you thought of them, but remember, NO SPOILERS, not everyone has read the books yet!
- Chat with us. Comment here or on DJ’s blog. You don’t have to be a blogger to participate.
- Write your posts. If you do have a blog, you might want to write a master post for the read-along or perhaps reviews of the three novels – either way, we’d love to read what you have to say, so don’t forget to
- Link your posts – just leave the links in the comments either on my blog or on DJ’s, and we’ll add them to our posts. We haven’t figured out exactly how we’ll do this but we’ll make sure you’re seen.
I hope I’ll be chatting with all of you soon, I’m really excited about digging into Locke and Jean’s world again, I’ve missed them a lot. I love re-reading books, it feels like seeing old friends again.
Have you read Scott Lynch’s books yet?
Will you be participating in our read-along?
Enjoy the reading – and I’d love to hear from you! :)