Lots of flowers on my blog these days… Spring is here and I can’t resist taking photos.
Today, my blog turns two. Does this mean it will enter the “terrible twos” stage and start acting up, throwing temper tantrums? I sincerely hope not because these two years have been nothing short of amazing and I want to continue doing this for a while longer.
First of all, I’m happy to announce the winner of my (blog) birthday giveaway: Joana, congratulations! I hope you’ll enjoy Attachments, I certainly did!
And then I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who has ever visited, read and/or commented here. You have made my experience with blogging worth my effort and trouble and I am so, so grateful that I have found you all. Your friendship, comments, Twitter interactions and sometimes even emails have made blogging the best hobby I’ve ever had. I can only hope I’ve been a good reader in return.
It’s always nice to look back and see which posts made the biggest impact on you all. So here are the ten most popular (aka most commented-on) posts of the last year!
- A Year Older Again – shocking, I know! A giveaway post is at the top of the list?
- Are Bloggers Really Introverts? – Ah. This one is actually tied with the giveaway post and quite possibly the most controversial post I’ve ever written. I honestly didn’t expect it would create such a reaction but I’m so glad it did! :)
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik – I am very glad but also surprised that this one ranks so highly! Uprooted was one of the best books I read in 2015.
- High Expectations – a discussion on hype and having unrealistic expectations when it comes to books, especially new releases.
- My February (With News) – a click-bait title if I ever saw one. But I did announce we were expecting another baby, so I think its popularity is well-deserved.
- How Are You? – this was a fun one. I loved how it turned out, the answers were great and I really enjoy being a part of such a supportive community.
- All the Hype – this discussion on over-hyped books will probably always be relevant to me.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J. K. Rowling – ha, no surprise here! I really need to finish writing the reviews for the series, though, just two more to go!
- Should Romance be Realistic? – this is a more recent discussion that got a lot of really great comments! :)
- Fan Fic (+ A Ramble on Harry Potter and Sex) – in which I discover fan fiction and my view of Hogwarts is forever shattered because I realized students probably had loads of sex. Ha.
I was surprised because I expected to find nothing but discussions on this list – instead, it feels nicely varied. Thank you all for commenting!
Which posts get the most comments on your site?
What makes you leave a comment on a post (not just mine, in general)?
I’d love to hear from you! :)